Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Kid on the Block

I just love surrounding myself with like minded individuals- those who don't call what they do "work" and those who want to better themselves as a business.

Let's be honest- there's nothing more exciting to me than a solid marketing plan and some partnership marketing strategies. Plus it's fun to tell bridezilla stories- preferably with a glass of good wine in hand, and a captivated audience.

This afternoon, I took my usual spin around Facebook and was excited to see the launch of the Community of Charlottesville Wedding and Event Professionals, a new group designed to bring the Charlottesville wedding community together for networking and education.

Despite my hectic schedule and newfound role and responsibilities, my mind started to go into overdrive and I was giddy at the thought of networking more with our friends to the West.

In short, it's an exciting new endeavor and I'm happy to sing Claire and Jessica's praises for bringing a much needed opportunity to a fabulous area.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you take a moment to visit their brand spanking new web site and learn more about their upcoming event on August 18th. I've already signed up to be a member and if you do any business in the Charlottesville, I encourage you to make the same investment.

After all, we're all in this together right? Plus, I've got some wedding stories that pair well with the right Sauvignon Blanc.

More soon,
Meghan



Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing and public relations group servicing the wedding industry. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, Contributing Writer to Virginia Bride Magazine and has a regular column in the Richmond Times Dispatch, Wedology 101: the Reality of Being a Bride.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Meghan... it's an exciting project, thanks so much for your support! ~ Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meghan! We look forward to seeing you at the events and sharing stories- with that glass of wine, of course! Jessica

    ReplyDelete