Monday, July 26, 2010

A Little Bit of News

I am a lot of things. Wife. Small business owner. Occasional blogger. Whoopie pie maker.

But, I'm also a caterer at heart.

I was thrilled to hear that the National Association of Catering Executives was forming a chapter in Richmond. Finally, I thought, the often forgotten component of Hospitality gets its own organization. Networking and education customized to fit the needs of event professionals? Don't mind if I do!

So when NACE President Carlos Velez contacted me about the Director of Marketing position, I couldn't say yes fast enough. I'm excited to join an already seasoned Board of local professionals and look forward to spreading the word about this exciting development in Richmond!

And if you haven't done so already, be sure to RSVP for the upcoming Launch party on Wednesday, August 11 at the Westin.

More soon,
Meghan

Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing and public relations group servicing the wedding industry. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, Contributing Writer to Virginia Bride Magazine and has a regular column in the Richmond Times Dispatch, Wedology 101: the Reality of Being a Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment