Thursday, January 14, 2010

Speaking Engagements- Mine and Otherwise

SPOILER: this Blog is full of shameless plugs. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Last fall, I enjoyed speaking with the Wedding Planning Institute at the University of Richmond on Cost Effective Marketing Strategies for Wedding Planners. In 2010, my hope was to continue on by speaking with other organizations, and I'm happy to announce that I recently finalized two engagements.

On January 26, I will be traveling to my beloved JMU (go Dukes!) to speak with their chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association. The subject matter of the evening is a bit of a deviation from OFD, but I'm thrilled nonetheless with the topic of "How to Survive Graduating JMU: a No Holds Barred, Honest Look at Surviving Adulthood & the Hospitality Industry."

In March, I've finalized plans with the Richmond Chapter of the Service Core of Retired Executives (SCORE) for a talk on Social Media Strategies. If you yourself are starting a small business and haven't heard of SCORE, then I encourage to stop reading this Blog immediately and Google this wonderful resource. SCORE has been incredibly helpful on this journey and I'm excited to be able to give back.

I hope that this is simply the beginning of what will be a productive year for OFD.

I'd also like to take a moment thank Steve Mullen with EndGame PR (http://www.endgamepr.com/), who graciously offered his time and expertise to the Richmond Bridal Association's (http://www.richmondbridalassociation.com/) first meeting of the year last night at the Jefferson Hotel (http://www.jeffersonhotel.com/). Steve gave our members further insight as to Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Strategies.

I expect this to be the first of many educational opportunities for our members this year. Enter final shameless plug--> want to be in on the fun? Then mark your calendar for March 10, which will be our next open Richmond Bridal Association meeting for prospective members (come on, you knew I was going to find a way to throw that in there!).

I promise to get back to our regularly scheduled program (aka Wedding Business strategies) shortly. That is, unless my cat doesn't something cute and funny again with my OFD materials. Then, all bets are off.

Until next time,
Meghan

http://www.ofdconsulting.com/

Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing group geared towards wedding professionals. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, and has a regular spot on Bridesight TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment