Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anatomy of a Bright Idea- Part Deux

If you haven't taken the time to scroll down and read my initial post (already. small. ego. deflating!), then allow me to catch you up in 140 characters or less:

I wanted OFD to make a big splash in 2010. And I figured it out while showering.

Consider yourself caught up!

In order to reach out to the wedding industry community, it was important to remember what it's like to be a wedding professional. January means bridal shows. Bridal shows mean BIG business- along with achy feet, hoarse voices and the occasional bridal overload head ache.

Personally, I love bridal show day. I love seeing the vendors and I love the happy brides with shiny rings. What I quite possibly love the most, however, is when all is said and done and I can sit. And drink something hot. And put my feet up. Preferably with aspirin in hand.

Thus, the Bridal Show Survival Kit was born.

So there I was- in the middle of a big idea, trying to get from Point A to Point Q. Luckily, the wonderful Showcase Productions (http://www.richmondbridalshowcase.com/) was on board and supportive of my idea.

Next dilemma- How do I find foot cream? Allow me to rephrase- how do I find foot cream en masse?

Well, after countless hours on the internet (with the occasional slip into Lostpedia.com- hey, I'm only human!), I found everything I needed, and in bulk. Boxes? Check. Labels? Check. Survival Kit Goodies? Check Check.

While most of my finds were thanks to the world wide web (thank you Al Gore!), I did reach out to my favorite local coffee guru Pat Smith with River City Bean (http://www.rivercitybean.com/) for the good stuff. I've been a fan of RCB and Pat's for over two years. Her coffees were often featured at the Jefferson and it's, to date, the only kind I get angry at if not readily available when I need it. Holiday Blend? Don't get me started.

So here we are- four days out from the Showcase and half of the boxes filled and sitting in front of my Christmas tree which yes, is still up. The remaining half will be completed tomorrow evening with the help of my free labor.. err, husband.

At this point, you would think "smooth sailing" right? Wrong.

Now I have to figure out how to actual transport this all. I'm hoping my evening shower will help jog my brain.

Until next time,
Meghan

www.ofdconsulting.com


Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing group geared towards wedding professionals. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, and has a regular spot on Bridesight TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment