Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ready, Set, Bridal Show Season!

Today, I'm going to do something rather unorthodox- I'm going to be brief. This Sunday, August 8, marks the Richmond Bridal Showcase, a bi annual wedding show that swoops into town, sends us brides, and has me relaxing with my feet up and hands around a large glass of wine.

Bridal shows can be a great way to build your business, but it's simply not a a matter of just signing away a check and standing in a booth all day. In fact, it's merely just the beginning. Below is a list of great articles I'm come across that will help guide you as you plan for the show this weekend, and beyond.

First stop- if you haven't done so already, be sure to visit my post at this time last year on Bridal Shows: a Guide for Newbies and Veterans Alike.

Then, grab a cup a coffee and sit back to check out these gems--

Bridal Show Marketing Tips- a series of fabulous articles by one of my favorites
by Shayna Walker Life in Weddings

Trade Show Signage Recommendations
by Andy Ebon of The Wedding Marketing Blog

Vendor Tips for Bridal Shows
by Bridal Tweet

Wedding Fair Return Calculator
by Wedding Business Success

I'd also be remiss if I didn't thank Wedding Business Success for featuring my guest blog today on Partnership Marketing.

Any I missed? Share them in the comments below. Otherwise, I'll see you on Sunday!

Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing and public relations group servicing the wedding industry. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, Contributing Writer to Virginia Bride Magazine and has a regular column in the Richmond Times Dispatch, Wedology 101: the Reality of Being a Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment