Wednesday, December 30, 2009

For auld lang syne..

Frankly, I get a little tired as I begin to even reflect on the events of 2009.

This year has seen many changes but with it, I gained a house, a company, a new name and a fantastic husband. Not too shabby.

New Year's Resolutions are a funny thing. I like to have them but find them outdated before I even get started. That is to say, life just is constantly evolving so a goal set one day may not get me to where I'd like to go the next day.

So for tradition's sake however, I'd like to throw a few out there- and chose to do so through my Blog in an attempt to be held accountable.

In 2010, I hope for the following:

1) OFD to continue to grow locally and beyond as the choice marketing/pr solution for wedding professionals hoping to build their business.

2) A rejuvenated RBA that holds on to all the good parts (wonderful members, networking opportunities, great presence at the bridal shows) and builds on what can make us better. We've already started by welcoming the fantastic Steve Mullen with EndGame PR (http://www.endgamepr.com/) to our January meeting at the *new* Lemaire, to discuss Web Marketing. Down the road, we will continue to offer great educational opportunities to our members.

3) Like many, I hope for balance- of work, family, friends... okay, and the final season of Lost. There, I said it.

And just to give myself a little boost of confidence, I set a short term goal and have already met it! As you can see from the top of the Blog, I've finally named my Blog something other than OFD Consulting. I hope to co-brand Illuminate with OFD in the Richmond Wedding Industry and beyond. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements down the road.

Now you're turn- what are your goals for 2010?

Until next time,
Meghan

http://www.ofdconsulting.com/

Meghan Ely is the owner of OFD Consulting, a niche marketing group geared towards wedding professionals. She is also the Managing Director of the Richmond Bridal Association, and has a regular spot on Bridesight TV.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to helping you on the second goal...I'm also looking forward to hearing Steve's presentation at the next RBA meeting!

    ReplyDelete